Friday dinner in Israel is the equivalent to the Irish Sunday dinner. The end of the week is marked by a Middle Eastern feast and extras are always made for eating the following days. The meal below would be served as the main course with a starter course of mezze; dips, salads and challah bread. The meal in Dvir's family's house usually ends with mint tea and nuts or fruit.
This week's Friday dinner box contains:
- seasonal vegetables & chickpeas in a mildy spiced with dates and preserved lemons - vegan*
- organic wholemeal couscous- in 500ml tub
- chopped salad - in 500ml tub
- jajik - yoghurt, dill & cucumber - in 250ml tub
- toasted almonds & parsley garnish
Seasonal veg from The Grove, Ballinamona, Co. Waterford
This serves 4 people with a starter or 3-4 people without. Includes instructions to heat at home.
*The yoghurt dip contains milk. We can replace the yoghurt with tahini sauce if you'd like.
For pick up on Friday at the deli only.
Add to order