Friday dinner in Israel is the equivalent to the Irish Sunday dinner. The end of the week is marked by a Middle Eastern feast and extras are always made for eating the following days. The meal below would be served as the main course with a starter course of mezze; dips, salads and challah bread. The meal in Dvir's family's house usually ends with mint tea and nuts or fruit.
This week's Friday dinner box contains:
- green olives and free range chicken* in a mildy spiced tomato sauce
with 4 chicken pieces on the bone
- vermicelli rice- in 500ml tub
- chopped salad - in 500ml tub
- garlic yoghurt - in 250ml tub
- crunchy vermicelli & parsley garnish
Free range chicken from Butler's family farm, Co. Waterford
This serves 4 people with a starter or 3-4 people without. Includes instructions to heat at home.
*The yoghurt dip contains milk. We can replace the yoghurt with tahini sauce if you'd like.
For pick up on Friday at the deli only.
Add to order