Enjoy the flavours of the Middle East at home with our Brunch platter for two.
The Platter includes:
- two salads (225g tub each)
- hummus, jajik (yoghurt, dill & cucumber) & spicy zhug
- shakshuka sauce (225g) & 2 Early bird free range eggs
- 2 pita breads
This platter will require a little bit of cooking:
- heat the sauce on a medium heat until hot in a small frying pan
- crack the 2 eggs on top of the sauce spacing them out in the pan
- cover the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- In the meantime heat the pita breads in the oven or toaster
- Serve the Shakshuka from the pan on the table
What is Shakshuka?
A Tunisian dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, peppers, onions, chilli, and spices. This is traditionally served for breakfast but we eat it for brunch, lunch or sometimes dinner.